Our lawyers were on the ground floor of the first class actions in Canada, and have been involved as counsel in many of the leading class action cases since, all the way from commencement to the Supreme Court of Canada. Simply put, class actions are a different kettle of fish.
We provide our clients with an experienced team of trial lawyers that can analyze the issues and develop a strategy to efficiently manage and resolve this complex type of litigation.
We understand the technicalities and jurisprudence of the class action regime, and are able to combine that understanding with practical insights to provide effective representation in this unique and challenging area of litigation law.
- Proposed class action found to be “too big to certify” , Whitelaw - Twining, February 08, 2021
- Class action plaintiff’s no longer able to ride that waive to certification: Atlantic Lottery Corporation Inc. v. Babstock, 2020 SCC 19 , Whitelaw - Twining, November 02, 2020
- Uber Class Action Gets Green Light, Proceeds to Certification , January 04, 2019
- Common Interest Privilege: A New Tool in the Litigation Basket , May 25, 2018
- Statute and Common Law: Reconciling PHIPA and the tort of Inclusion upon Seclusion , February 25, 2015
- Ontario Court of Appeal releases decision in expert evidence case , MB Newsletter, January 29, 2015
- Carriage and Control of Litigation in Subrogated Actions , First presented in the CBA's annual conference in Vancouver , August 14, 2012