At the Scene
When called to the scene of an emergency, the CLC Emergency Response team will work together under the direction of the claims examiner/risk manager giving instructions.
At the scene, the CLC lawyer(s) will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating, instructing and supervising the activities of the Response Team;
- Assuming control of the scene in co-operation with the police, fire marshal, and/or their agencies with jurisdiction;
- Directing the investigations to insure they are accurate and complete;
- Establishing solicitor privilege where appropriate;
- Ensuring preservation of the evidence;
- Arranging for the appropriate chain of custody for evidentiary purposes at trial;
- Assisting insureds if incarcerated or if requiring medical care;
- Responding to the media, and
- Handling issues related to the contents/cargo/merchandise/goods.
to gain access to CLC’s 24/7 Emergency Response Team.
Our team of dedicated professionals will respond to your needs immediately.